Do I Have to Join a Gym to Build Muscle Mass?
Wondering if you need a gym membership for a Little Italy fitness club in San Diego for building your muscle mass or burning belly fat on a treadmill is an understandable questions. Gym memberships cost money, and perhaps you can do it on your own.
To be completely honest no, gym membership is in no way obligatory. The only problem is just how great the results are going to be if you decide to go it alone. Here’s a couple of points that will help you decide whether or not gym memberships are a good choice.
Should I join a gym?
In order to help you reach a gym-joining decision, here are some reasons why you should definitely consider becoming a member of a nearby gym, and why even organizations such as the California Adolescent Nutrition and Fitness Program advise so.
- Health benefits – By regularly exercising at a gym, you reap health benefits such as regulated blood pressure, cholesterol level, diabetes, reduces risk of heart diseases, etc.
- Equipment – By working out at home, you either do without any equipment, or you have very little of it. Gyms offer all the equipment you will ever need.
- Friendship – It’s always good to expand your circle of friends, and the people you meet at the gym might soon become your closest ones.
- Routine – Gym-going requires dedication and building an exercising routine. Once you establish regular visits, you’ll start wondering how you ever managed without it.
- Energy – Sure, during the first month you’ll be more tired than pumped with energy after a good work out, but it will soon become a huge energy burst.
Do I need a gym to build muscle?
We’ve said it at the beginning, and we’re going to say it again – it is not a prerequisite to become a member of a gym in order to build muscle mass. However, there are three main reasons why working out at a gym makes building your muscles both quicker and easier.
- Equipment – We go back to equipment. Gyms, as said before, have all the equipment you will ever need, and that equipment is not present only to look good. Every gym machine targets a specific muscle group, meaning that you can build exactly the muscles you want to. That kind of targeted exercise is mostly impossible outside of a gym.
- Advice – Professionals who work at gyms are always there to help you along the way and give you invaluable advice that will make your journey to big muscles a lot easier and much more effective.
- Motivation – When you work out on your own, it’s easy to become demotivated if the results are not what you were expecting. At a gym, however, there are other people to spur you on, to instill the spirit of not giving up, as they’ve all been there before. It is this kind of camaraderie that will keep you working out through rough patches.
How often should you go to the gym to see results?
It depends on what exactly you want to achieve. The biggest differences are between wanting to lose weight and wanting to build muscle mass.
It also depends on the type of workout. For instance, the frequency of a Pilates routine will differ from a HIIT plan. So, you should take some time to find our what Pilates actually entails and take your fitness goals into consideration before making a choice.
How often should you exercise to lose weight?
When it comes to losing weight, it all boils down to the formula of more is more. Losing weight is a lengthy and demanding process, and if you want to do it as quickly as possible, you need to be willing to visit a gym five to six time a week and do all kinds of cardio and fitness exercises.
How often should you exercise to build muscle?
If it’s muscle mass you want, then the frequency of exercising changes, as well as the type of workouts and their intensity. In order to build muscles, you need to work out each muscle groups two to three times a week. It sounds like a lot, but it’s the only way to do it quickly and effectively. Also, try to incorporate a day of rest in between workout sessions, as muscles need time to rest in order to grow.
“Gym seems to be the answer for my muscles, but I want only the best one!”
The best one you say? Fit Athletic it is! It is the finest gym and fitness club in Little Italy, boasting the most modern equipment, the most educated staff, and the most beautiful atmosphere. With a little help from our trainers, you will build your muscles like you never thought possible. So, if you’re ever visiting the Firehouse Museum in San Diego, stop by our place, it’s not far away!
Subscribe To The Fit Blog
Monthly articles for a Fit lifestyle, straight to your inbox.