Green Beans, Fennel, and Feta Cheese
- 1 pound fresh green beans, trimmed
- 1 fennel bulb, cut into thin slices
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil leaves
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- Fill a saucepan half full with water and bring to a boil. Add the green beans and fennel slices; cook until just beginning to become tender, about 4 minutes. Pour into a colander to drain and run under cold water to stop the cooking process.
- Return the empty pan to the stove and set heat to medium. Pour in the olive oil and let it heat for a minute. Return the green beans and fennel to the pan. Season with basil, salt, and pepper; cook and stir until coated and warm. Transfer to a serving dish and toss with feta cheese.