Greens, Baby Shitakes and Turnips
½ lb baby shitakes, stems removed (save for stock)
4 tablespoons olive oil
Salt and pepper
5 turnips, sliced thin
1 bunch mustard greens, destemed and washed
1 bunch collard greens, destemed and washed
1 bunch turnip greens, destemed and washed
1 white onion, julienned
2 tablespoons olive oil
4 cloves garlic, minced
4 tablespoons butter
Juice of one lemon
Salt and Pepper
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Toss mushroom caps with oil, salt and pepper.
- Place a cooling rack on top of a sheet tray/ cookie tray. Place mushrooms on rack.
- Cook in oven approx. 10 minutes until brown. Set aside.
- In a stock pot, sauté onion in olive oil until it just starts to brown.
- Add greens, cook 5 minutes. Add garlic. Cook another 5 minutes.
- Add mushrooms and turnips. Cook 5 minutes.
- Add butter, lemon, salt and pepper. Cook 5 minutes.