Summer Squash & Baby Shiitakes
Prep Time: 10 mins
Cook Time: 25 minutes
Your favorite Knife
Lg Iron Skillet
4 quart pot
- 2 zucchini sliced
- 2 yellow squash sliced
- 1 8oz pack baby shiitakes stems removed
- 1 eggplant
- 1 tomato chopped
- 1 sweet onion chopped
- 1 tbsp butter
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 4 sprigs fresh rosemary stems removed chopped
- 1 bunch basil stems removed chopped
- a few sprigs fresh thyme chopped
- 2 cups Cajun Grain Brown Jasmine Rice
- 3 tablespoons White cooking wine
- Salt & Pepper
Grab the knife & the cutting board to chop or slice the ingredients.
4 quart pot fill with 4 cups water and bring to a boil. Pour in 2 cups of brown jasmine rice. Remember 2 cups water for every one cup of rice. Reduce the heat to a simmer for about 27 minutes.
In large iron skillet, heat butter over medium high-heat. Add the onion; stirring until brown.
Add zucchini, yellow squash, eggplant, tomato, herbs, salt & pepper. Cook about 3 minutes stirring frequently. Add wine and cook until the vegetables are tender about 4 mins longer.
Serve over brown jasmine rice.