Tasty Herbed Flying Saucers and other Identified Squash
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, divided
- 1 zucchini, stem removed chopped
- 1 yellow squash stem removed chopped
- 2 cups (about 3/4 pound) patty pan squash, trimmed, cut in half crosswise
- 8 ounces fresh shiitake mushrooms, stemmed, caps sliced
- 1 package baby spinach
- 1 bunch parsley stems removed chopped
- 2 tbsp dill
- 1 bunch green onion chopped
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
Melt 1/4 cup butter in large skillet over medium-high heat.
Add squash and cook until almost tender, stirring often, about 6 minutes.
Adding salt & pepper to taste.
Add mushrooms, parsley, dill, and remaining 1/4 cup butter; sauté until mushrooms are soft and squash is tender, about 8 minutes.
Add spinach; stir until wilted, about 2 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
Garnish with chopped green onion.
This goes perfectly over the Campbell Farms Popcorn Rice.